How Well Do You Know Iconic Lines From RuPaul’s Drag Race?
A game of he said, she said, which queen said what
The institution that is RuPaul Charles and the extravaganza that is Drag Race have paved the rainbow glittered way for a lot of things: the successful careers of some of today’s most beloved entertainers, a refreshing take on reality television and a full-fledged cultural movement that touts: “if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?”
RuPaul’s Drag Race fan or not, the overarching impact of drag on mainstream pop culture is real and just cannot be denied, something season four winner Sharon Needles phrased perfectly when she said: “As drag queens, I think of ourselves as funhouse mirrors. We reflect pop culture back to the world.”
There’s certainly no denying either that the now Emmy Award-winning search for America’s Next Drag Superstar has provided audiences with the catchiest of catchphrases, words to live by, one-liners and sometimes no-liners (insert Alyssa Edwards’ tongue pop here) as well as entire monologues to last us all a decade. It helps, of course, to have this dynamic wrapped beautifully in a little sass, a quick wit, on four-inch heels and with a mug beat by the gods.
Between floating around now on a Holi-Slay Spectacular high, counting down to the premiere of All Stars 4 and scouring for clues and leads on season 11 (we hear Miss Vanessa Vanjie Mateo will be marking her return), there are entertaining tidbits such as this to test your Drag Race knowledge and keep you on your toes.
How well do you know these iconic lines from RuPaul’s Drag Race? Take the quiz to find out. Good luck! And don’t fuck it up.
“Hieeee” is season five contestant and All Stars 2 winner Alaska Thunderfuck’s most famous catchphrase and a track from her 2015 studio album Anus.
2. “I’d like to keep it on, please.”
The line that gave Valentina away at her lip sync against Nina Bo’nina Brown.
3. “There are no accidents in fisting.”
From S10E01: “10s Across the Board”
4. “Water off a duck’s back”
RuPaul’s Drag Race season five winner Jinkx Monsoon’s mantra for life.
5. “No tea, no shade, no pink lemonade”
From S07E01: “Born Naked”
Just one of the many catchphrases of season six finalist Adore Delano.
7. “Any hole is a goal.”
From S10E07: “Snatch Game,” where Aquaria portrays First Lady of the United States of America Melania Trump
8. “Five G’s please: Good God Get A Grip Girl”
Latrice, Queen of Acronyms.
9. “I’m just your average run-of-the-mill Russian bisexual transvestite hooker.”
Her name is Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova, but you can call her Katya.
10. “You’re perfect. You’re beautiful. You look like Linda Evangelista. You’re a model. Everything about you is perfect! Did you stone those tights? Oh, you’re smiling! They eat her up every single time she’s on that damned stage! She could walk out there in a fucking diaper and they’d be like, ‘Valentina! Your smile is beautiful!’”
It’s the iconic Untucked moment where Aja comes after judge favorite Valentina.
11. “I saw it and I was like, ‘Ah! Brown cow! Stunning!’”
Michelle Visage: “Girl, no, that’s a giraffe.”
12. “My mother is from Cuba and my dad is from Honduras, which basically means I have a large dick, no credit and a tendency to take things that don’t belong to me.”
From S06E08: “Drag Queens of Comedy”
13. “Fuck my drag, right?”
The retort to Milk’s comments about her type of drag after Thorgy’s elimination in All Stars 3.
14. “Girl, look how orange you fuckin’ look, girl.”
In this episode of Coco Montrese versus Alyssa Edwards.
15. “This is not RuPaul’s Best Friend Race!”
The definitive quotable quote reiterated across time by so many others drag queens.
Share your Results:
Art Alexandra Lara